Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Swaniyojan Yojana
The Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Swaniyojan Yojana is a government’s startup India campaign. It was launched with an aim of boosting entrepreneurship which will get a rural avatar by Deen Dayal Upadhyay Swaniyojan Yojana.
The programme was designed by the rural development ministry of India and it will be backed by MUDRA Bank loans, innovative credit linkages, and self-help groups (SHGs). The government will also hold discussions with private entities and individuals working in the startup groups to map and direct entrepreneurship opportunities.
On the lines of the Startup India initiative launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in January, the Swaniyojan Yojana has finalized its action plan and the incentives which will be provided the rural poor looking for self-employment options. According to a senior government official, the scheme will provide the basic skill sets required for self-employment in various fields and thereafter it would provide credit linkages, incubation centers wherever needed.
The Deen Dayal Upadhyay Swaniyojan Yojana (DUSY) can be simply defined as follows:
- Deen Dayal Upadhyay Swaniyojan Yojana (DUSY) was launched by Rural development ministry of India to promote entrepreneurship through skill training in rural areas and backward areas.
- It was launched as the rural avatar of Startup India scheme.
- The scheme was launched in the year 2016 along with Start-Up India scheme by Prime Minister of India.
Objectives of DUSY
The Deen Dayal Upadhyay Swaniyojan Yojana (DUSY) was launched with these objectives:
- To provide skill sets for self-employment to the rural population of India.
- To give incentives to rural poor people pursuing self-employment.
- To provide financial assistance to self-employed or poor rural entrepreneurs.
- To support poor rural people looking to start new business or pursue self-employment options.
The nodal agencies under the scheme Deen Dayal Upadhyay Swaniyojan Yojana (DUSY) are:
- Ministry of Rural Development
- Ministry of Skill development and Entrepreneurship
- MUDRA bank
The funding for the Deen Dayal Upadhyay Swaniyojan Yojana (DUSY) is done through:
- The main source of Funding is through National Rural Livelihoods Mission.
- DUSY loans are funded through MUDRA Bank loans.
- Beneficiaries obtain credit linkages in an innovative manner.
- Self-help groups are the main beneficiaries.
Skill Set Training Areas Under DUSY
The skills that will be trained under this scheme include:
- Beauty Courses
- Dairy Farming
- Food Processing
- Animal Husbandry
The scheme will provide these benefits:
- Skill training is provided in the above domains to pursue self-employment.
- Self Help Groups are encouraged more to start entrepreneurial ventures.
- More emphasis is given to women and Self-help groups (SHG) in DUSY.
- This will increase the participation of more SHG in DUSY.
- Rural entrepreneurship will see an uplift with DUSY network with SHG.
- DUSY is seen as a means of achieving financial independence from the perspective of women.
- Women empowerment will occur in the rural areas.
- The rural economy will get a boost with new avenues of employment other than agriculture.
- The pressure on land will reduce considerably.