Pradhan Mantri LPG Subsidy Pahal (DBTL) Scheme
- Pradhan Mantri LPG Subsidy Pahal (DBTL) Scheme
- Features of LPG Subsidy Pahal (DBTL) Scheme
- Objective of the LPG Subsidy Pahal (DBTL) Scheme
- One Time Permanent Advance
- Benefits of LPG Subsidy Pahal (DBTL) Scheme
- When can a person join the LPG Subsidy Pahal (DBTL) Scheme?
- How to get the LPG Subsidy under the LPG Subsidy Pahal (DBTL) Scheme?
- Documents required to join the LPG Subsidy Pahal (DBTL) Scheme
Pradhan Mantri LPG Subsidy Pahal- The new name of the scheme is PAHAL (DBTL), that stands for Pratyaksh Hanstantarit Labh. In the beginning, the scheme was available only in 54 districts in India, but now the scheme is active throughout the country.
The new LPG Subsidy Pahal (DBTL) Scheme by the Prime Minister is a new and better version of DBTL scheme. DBTL refers to the Direct Benefit Transfer of LPG, allows the customers to claim the subsidy directly. However, it is mandatory to link the Aadhar card to be able to claim it. This may cause many issues as many customers do not have Aadhar cards and they can find it difficult to claim LPG Subsidy. Hence, government launched this new version of LPG Subsidy scheme.
Features of LPG Subsidy Pahal (DBTL) Scheme
The scheme holds significant features because it is very helpful in uplifting the poor section of the country which contributes to the major population of the country. These include:
- The customers of LPG can get the subsidies directly into their bank account.
- Whether the customer link his/her Aadhar card to the account or not, he/he is entitled to claim the Subsidy.
- When customers join the scheme, they get permanent in advance, i.e., the bank account will receive the subsidy as soon as they book their LPG cylinder.
- The customers who join this Pradhan Mantri Yojana will get the Subsidy cash deposited to their bank account directly. Thus, the government will refer such customers as “Cash Transfer Complaint” or CTC.
- The customers who were a part of the Pahal (DBTL) Scheme launched by the government earlier, and had linked their Aadhar cards to their bank accounts, will continue to receive the Subsidy.
Objective of the LPG Subsidy Pahal (DBTL) Scheme
The scheme have certain objectives for the welfare of poor and deprived population of the country. The objectives include:
- The government wants to bring transparency to the process of subsidies.
- The main objective of the the government behind the LPG Subsidy Pahal (DBTL) Scheme is to make the process transparent.
- The objective also included to avoid leakage of the funds so that the funds from Central Government reach directly to the customers.
One Time Permanent Advance
Pradhan Mantri LPG Subsidy Pahal- The customers who join the LPG Subsidy Pahal (DBTL) Scheme gets a one time permanent advance. For the customers of first 54 districts in which the scheme was launched, this permanent advance was Rs. 568.
The customers can keep this advance with them till they continue with the LPG gas connection. When the customer chooses to terminate his/her connection, the parties can adjust the advance. This permanent advance will change as per the financial year. But once fixed, it will remain fixed.
This advance is only one time payable, So if a customer takes the advance once, they cannot ask for a revision of the advance in future.
Benefits of LPG Subsidy Pahal (DBTL) Scheme
The scheme possesses these benefits:
- The government aims to prevent unauthorized sale of LPG cylinders with the help of the scheme.
- One person cannot take multiple gas connections and thus the government will not have to pay multiple subsidies.
- Customers will receive the LPG gas cylinders at one fixed price. And hence, oil and gas companies will build good customers relations will them.
- Customers will not need to stand in long queues, they can just make an advance booking and wait till the cylinder comes to them at a fixed price.
- The process of getting the subsidy is much easier with this new scheme. As soon as a customer will make an advance booking for next cylinder, he/she will get advance cash Subsidy.
- No delay will happen in transferring the subsidies. So, the trust of the customers will remain intact.
When can a person join the LPG Subsidy Pahal (DBTL) Scheme?
Pradhan Mantri LPG Subsidy Pahal- A customer can join the scheme within 3 months of the launch. This time is known as Grace period. In these 3 months, the customers will get the LPG cylinders at subsidized prices set by the government.
In case one can’t join the scheme within 3 months, an extra time period of 3 months will be given to him/her. This time is known as Parking period. The person can join the scheme within this time, but he/she will have to buy the LPG cylinders at the market price during the Parking period.
If a person joins the scheme during the parking period, he/she can receive the onetime advance. Also, he/she can get the subsidies of the cylinders bought during this time. Once the parking period is over, the customers cannot get the subsidies.
How to get the LPG Subsidy under the LPG Subsidy Pahal (DBTL) Scheme?
To get the Subsidy under this scheme, the customer will need a bank account, very first, so that he/she can receive the subsidy there. Then the customers can choose either the Aadhar card way or the direct way to link there respective account with their registered gas copies. If the customer have an Aadhar number, he/she can go for the Aadhar Card method, otherwise, Direct method is suitable.
- The Direct Method
If Aadhar card is not with the customer, they can choose the direct method. In this method, they can show their bank account information or the LPG consumer number. LPG consumer number is a 17 digit unique number which you got at the time of registration. This is the secondary method to get the subsidies.
- Aadhar Card Method
In this method, the person needs to link his/her Aadhar number with the bank account. Also, he needs to link LPG consumer number with both. And once done, he can receive the subsidy. This is the primary option available to the customers.
Documents required to join the LPG Subsidy Pahal (DBTL) Scheme
Below are the necessary documents required to enroll for this subsidy.
- Copy of Aadhar Card (Any other ID proof if Aadhar is not present).
- Bill of the LPG. (The blue color copy in which your LPG consumer number is there will do the job).
Pahal Yojana Wiki, DBTL Full Form Hindi, Pahal Yojana in Hindi, Full Form of DBTL in Banking, Pahal Scheme Full Form, Pahal Scheme Joining Form, Pahal Scheme GK Today, PM Yojana, Sarkari Yojana
=> Also Read